NEAT is hiring 2 people to support Meals on Wheels and the daily meal service at Seniors Housing Society.
- Undertake basic cooking duties & prepare simple dishes, such as soup, salads, entrees, and dessert
- Prepare cooking ingredients: wash and chop vegetables, cut meat, & perform other meal prep
- Portion and serve meals
- Interact positively with clients
- Perform routine kitchen tasks.
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they are organized and easily accessible.
- Maintain a clean kitchen: wash dishes, sanitize surfaces, and take out trash/recycling
- Ensure that all food and other items are stored properly.
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines.
These positions are each full time for 8 weeks.
- Food Safe Certificate preferred
- Knowledge of & experience with health and safety rules in a kitchen
- Knowledge of & experience with basic cooking techniques
- Organizational skills
- Manual dexterity
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure