NEAT is looking for a full-time cook to support Meals on Wheels and the daily lunch/dinner service at the Seniors Housing Society. Total service is approximately 80 persons, or 120 meals daily.
- Undertake basic cooking duties & prepare main dishes, soup, salads and dessert
- Prepare cooking ingredients: wash and chop vegetables, cut meat, & perform other meal prep
- Perform routine kitchen tasks.
- Portion & serve meals for clients
- Interact with clients during meal service
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they are organized and easily accessible.
- Maintain a clean kitchen: wash dishes, sanitize surfaces, and take out trash/recycling
- Ensure that all food and other items are stored properly.
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
This position may require a varied workweek schedule. We will do our best to have work days scheduled two weeks in advance.
- Food Safe Certificate preferred
- Knowledge of & experience with health and safety rules in a kitchen
- Knowledge of & experience with basic cooking techniques
- Organizational skills
- Manual dexterity
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
Due to contract guidelines, preference will be given to candidates that are fully vaccinated against Covid-19.