NOURISH is a collaborative community food program encompasing a food rescue and Meals on Wheels. Both of these programs feed people in our community on a daily basis.
We are looking for a team player to support these efforts on a part time basis. This position is perfect for parents with children in school, those with restaurant experience, or someone looking to give back to their community in a meaningful way.
The NOURISH Assistant is a part time position based in Fort St John, BC and will report to the Food Security Coordinator. The NOURISH Assistant will support community food programming by:
• Perform routine kitchen tasks.
• Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they are organized and easily accessible.
• Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking.
• Prepare cooking ingredients: wash and chop vegetables, cut meat, & perform other meal prep.
• Undertake basic cooking duties & prepare simple dishes, such as salads and entrees.
• Maintain a clean kitchen: wash dishes, sanitize surfaces, and take out trash/recycling
• Ensure that all food and other items are stored properly.
• Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines.
• Perform other kitchen duties as assigned.
This position may require a varied workweek schedule to accommodate special events and other activities.
• Food Safe Certificate preferred
• Knowledge of & experience with health and safety rules in a kitchen
• Knowledge of & experience with basic cooking techniques
• Organizational skills
• Manual dexterity
• Communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure
REQUIRED TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Candidates must be:
• Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation & regulations
• Provide a criminal reference check
• Food Safe certificate preferred but not required
Term of Position
• This is a temporary part-time position. Hours of the position will vary according to the activities being undertaken, averaging 21-28 hours per week
• Compensation: $15/hr
This position starts with a qualified candidate.
Please upload resume below: