If you’re looking to register someone for the program please follow this link:
The Northern Environmental Action Team is looking for volunteers to help support their Meals On Wheels (MOW) program. Starting November, 2nd NEAT will take over operational duties of the local MOW program, focussing on delivering quality frozen, nutritious and affordable meals to those in need and those who have difficulty preparing meals for themselves.
As a volunteer you have a choice of which shifts to fill. Your options include:
Kitchen (cooking/packaging) support & Food delivery.
Kitchen support shifts are 9am – 12pm & 1pm – 4pm at the Evangel Chapel kitchen.
Delivery days and times will be set as follows:
Monday, Tuesdays & Thursdays starting at 4pm. With Pick up from our Evangel Chapel location (100st entrance)
Upon delivery it is suggested that you spend some time visiting with the clients as a way to further enrich their day. This is strongly recommended although not mandatory. Volunteers will be required to maintain a food safety log which can be filed at pick up locations at the end of each week.
- Criminal Record Check
- Possession of a valid driver’s License and insurance
- Clear Annual driver’s abstract
- Clean, pet and smoke free vehicle
- Practice good personal hygiene and be free of communicable diseases
- Wear Visible identification (to be provided)
To prevent the spread of Covid-19 to our valued clients and delivery personnel the following actions must be adhered to at all times:
– Masks must be worn at pick up and drop off locations.
– Use hand sanitizer before and after each delivery or pick up.
– If you intend on visiting with clients, please ask permission first.
– If you are sick, have a fever, cough or have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for covid-19 please advise NEAT staff and do not attend your shift.
If you fit the criteria above and would like to register please fill out the form at the bottom of this page. Once submitted an email will be sent to you with further instructions on how to choose and manage your shifts, as well as criminal record check information.
Thank you for considering becoming a Meals on Wheels Volunteer. This program would not be possible without you.
Questions or concerns can be emailed to Airik@NEAT.ca
Or call 1 250 785 6328