NEAT is looking for a person that is passionate about food and enjoys working with people to help support our Food Secure Kids program. This K-6 program is delivered in local schools throughout the spring and early summer. If you are outgoing, organized, love food, and have a clean criminal records check we’d love to talk to you! Email us your resume and a cover letter explaining why you’re the person we are looking for to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Eco-Advisor for the Food Secure Kids Program based in Fort St John, BC will report to the Education Coordinator. The Eco-Advisor will:
- Execute NEAT’s Food Secure Kids program in Kindergarten to Grade 6 classes at local schools
- Prep lesson supplies ahead of class schedule (lesson plans are provided)
- Guide students through three classroom lessons and one planting session
- Be a personable resource for food security programming within the classroom
- Support teachers where appropriate with supplemental lesson plans
- Help teachers and students maintain on-site gardens where appropriate
- Provide research and data analysis for various waste reduction programs; and
- Provide other duties as required.
This position requires a varied workweek schedule to accommodate special events and other activities.
- Sensitivity to and knowledge of environmental issues primarily focused on food security.
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills.
- Proven ability to communicate with tact and discretion in settling requests, complaints or clarifying information.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work unsupervised and demonstrate motivation and initiative.
- Ability to work varied hours.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and use of the Internet.
REQUIRED TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Post-secondary education, classroom experience
- Valid BC Driver’s License and access to vehicle may be required for trips outside town.
- Meets requirements for working with children
- Subject to security review.
TERM OF POSITION
- This is a temporary full-time position. Hours of the position would vary according to the activities being undertaken, averaging 30-35 hours a week.
- Compensation negotiable and based on experience
- Reimbursement for use of personal vehicle at $.54/km.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com