Are you a passionate team player who likes to make a difference in your community? Are you excited about working with school aged children and community groups? We have the job for you! NEAT is looking for a contractor from September to June to support our NEATfx education programming. Come work with the NEAT-est team in town!
Eco-Advisor – Fort St John
The Eco-Advisor based in Fort St John, BC will report to the Program Coordinator. The Eco-Advisor will:
- Deliver educational presentations and workshops to community groups, schools and businesses on recycling, composting, water conservation, alternatives to household hazardous products, sustainability and other practical programs;
- Plan and implement environmental/conservation education programs;
- Research, develop and/or update of educational
- Participate in community special events;
- Answer telephone, email and personal enquiries;
- Provide practical assistance for sustainability activities;
- Seek out potential community contacts for partnerships or presentations;
- Provide research and data analysis for various programs; and
- Provide other duties as required.
This position requires a varied workweek schedule to accommodate special events and other activities as well as some travel throughout Northern BC.
- Sensitivity to and knowledge of environmental and community building
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills relating to school aged participants
- Proven ability to communicate with tact and discretion in settling requests, complaints or clarifying information.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised and demonstrated motivation and initiative.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work varied hours.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and use of the Internet.
REQUIRED TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Post-secondary education, preferably in communications and public relations and/or environmental management or equivalent experience.
- Valid BC Driver’s License and access to vehicle
- Meets requirements for working with children
- May be subject to security review.
TERM OF POSITION
- This is a contracted, part-time position. Hours of the position would vary according to the activities being undertaken, averaging 21-28 hours a week.
- Compensation negotiable and based on experience plus statutory benefits
- Reimbursement for use of personal vehicle at $.54/km.
- Professional development and training opportunities will be provided.
Please send resume and covering letter to:
Northern Environmental Action Team
Closing date: September 21, 2018
We thank all applicants in advance however NEAT will only contact people who are considered for an interview.