NEAT is currently recruiting a Food Security Coordinator to fill a maternity leave term. The Coordinator will be responsible for managing both the NOURISH program and Meals on Wheels. Details on these programs can be found here.
The Food Security Coordinator is based in Fort St John, BC and will report to the Executive Director. The Food Security Coordinator will:
- Supervise and evaluate NOURISH and Meals on Wheels programs including developing menus and daily/weekly activity plans, supervising and evaluating staff
- Purchasing supplies for programs
- Develop partnerships with local community groups;
- Organize community volunteers
- Ensure materials for all activities are gathered and ready for use;
- Perform risk assessments daily, weekly, and as necessary to keep all participants and staff safe;
- Complete all mandatory reports and participate in weekly meetings;
- Represent NEAT, Meals on Wheels, and NOURISH professionally at all times
- Be a positive team player
- Complete other duties as assigned
This position may require a varied workweek schedule to accommodate special events and other activities.
- Post-secondary education in food services/food security or equivalent experience
- Sensitivity to and knowledge of environmental issues, especially related to local food security
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
- Ability to design, gather and analyze research information
- Ability to build community relationships and use information from the community to guide program direction
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to work unsupervised and demonstrate motivation and initiative
- Ability to work varied hours (mornings, evenings, and weekends)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet usage
REQUIRED TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
To be eligible for the program, job applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
- Valid BC Driver’s License and regular access to a vehicle
- Meets requirements for working with children
- Subject to security review
Term of Position
- This is a temporary full-time position. Hours of the position will vary according to the activities being undertaken, averaging 40 hours per week for one year.
- Wage: $25/hour
- Reimbursement for use of personal vehicle at $0.55 per kilometer
This position covers a parental leave will run for a one year term.