Help Wanted: Food Secure Kids
We are excited to be embarking on the 2018 season of Food Secure Kids, our K-6 food security program, and are looking for an enthusiastic someone to join our team from April to June.
If you are enthusiastic and creative, with strong organizational skills, and enjoy working with youth, check out our job description below. Please note, all candidates must have reliable transportation and provide a current criminal reference check that includes the vulnerable sector as a condition of employment.
If you are interested, please forward a cover letter and resume along with references to email@example.com by March 18
The Eco-Advisor for the Food Secure Kids Program based in Fort St John, BC will report to the Education Coordinator. The Eco-Advisor will:
- Execute NEAT’s Food Secure Kids program in Kindergarten to Grade 6 classes at local schools
- Prep lesson supplies ahead of class schedule (lesson plans are provided)
- Guide students through three classroom lessons and one planting session
- Be a personable resource for food security programming within the classroom
- Support teachers where appropriate with supplemental lesson plans
- Help teachers and students maintain on-site gardens where appropriate
- Provide research and data analysis for various waste reduction programs; and
- Provide other duties as required.
This position requires a varied workweek schedule to accommodate special events and other activities.
- Sensitivity to and knowledge of environmental issues primarily focused on food security.
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills.
- Proven ability to communicate with tact and discretion in settling requests, complaints or clarifying information.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work unsupervised and demonstrate motivation and initiative.
- Ability to work varied hours.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and use of the Internet.
REQUIRED TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Post-secondary education, classroom experience
- Valid BC Driver’s License and access to vehicle may be required for trips outside town.
- Meets requirements for working with children
- Subject to security review.
TERM OF POSITION
- This is a temporary full-time position. Hours of the position would vary according to the activities being undertaken, averaging 30-35 hours a week.
- Compensation negotiable and based on experience
- Reimbursement for use of personal vehicle at $.54/km.
The position starts in April for a period of 12 weeks