NEAT is looking for an experienced and independent cook to make dinner for Meals on Wheels. This position requires a highly organized and self motivated person with knowledge of food safe principles and experience making nutritious meals for a variety of dietary considerations.
The Cook – Meals on Wheels is a part time position based in Fort St John, BC and will report to the Food Security Coordinator. The Cook – Meals on Wheels will support community food programming by:
- Undertake basic cooking duties & prepare simple dishes, such as salads and entrees
- Prepare cooking ingredients: wash and chop vegetables, cut meat, & perform other meal prep
- Perform routine kitchen tasks.
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they are organized and easily accessible.
- Maintain a clean kitchen: wash dishes, sanitize surfaces, and take out trash/recycling
- Ensure that all food and other items are stored properly.
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines.
This position may require a varied workweek schedule to accommodate special events and other activities.
- Food Safe Certificate preferred
- Knowledge of & experience with health and safety rules in a kitchen
- Knowledge of & experience with basic cooking techniques
- Organizational skills
- Manual dexterity
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
REQUIRED TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
NEAT ‘s NOURISH program runs a local food rescue supporting the Salvation Army and Meals on Wheels. This position will support both of these programs on a part time basis. Candidates must be:
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation & regulations
- Provide a criminal reference check
- Food Safe certificate preferred but not required
Term of Position
- This is a temporary part-time position. Hours of the position will vary according to the activities being undertaken, averaging 21-28 hours per week
- Compensation begins at: $15/hr
This position starts with a qualified candidate.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org