We thank everyone that expressed interest in this position. We are excited to have filled this position with another NEAT person.
|The Communications and Membership Support position is responsible for planning, developing, implementing, and monitoring NEAT’s strategic communications strategy. This work includes|
communicating with members, supporting media relations, increasing public awareness of our impact, branding, and the development of effective internal and external messaging.
The focus of this position is on increasing NEAT’s capacity to effectively communicate with the public, increase public awareness of our programming, and building a strong foundation of members.
The Communications and Membership Support position is based in Fort St John and reports to the Executive Director.
• Responsible for supporting the development of internal and external communication strategies, media relations, social media presence, and the creation of web content
• Support the development and implementation of an overall membership generation and communications strategy
• Support organizational communications with the generation of content for newsletters, annual reports, website, social media, etc.
• Promote NEAT’s programs
• Analyze data pertaining to website and social media use and effectiveness as related to fundraising, public awareness activities, and membership numbers
• Produce regular members communications such as newsletters, annual report, and other special reports as needed
• Assist with the development and implementation of a communication plan that furthers NEAT’s strategic initiatives and increases public awareness
• Produce and distribute public awareness materials
• Create communications and media materials and archive
• Write and disseminate news releases as requested
• Completion of a college program in communications or marketing or relevant experience
• Proven ability to communicate effectively through multiple avenues
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to work unsupervised and demonstrated motivation and initiative.
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work varied hours.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and use of the Internet.
• Ability to work with and support a diverse team
• Criminal record check will be required.
Term of Position
• This is a part-time position based on an average of 21hours a week
• Compensation begins at $22.50 and is based on qualifications and/or experience
• Reimbursement for use of personal vehicle at $.54/km.
• Professional development and training opportunities will be provided.
This position starts with a qualified candidate.
If you are interested in the position and support NEAT’s mission and vision, please fill out the form below.