Help Wanted: Camp Wildlings Leader
Are you looking for an unplugged and adventurous summer? Do you love drama, arts, and nature? Are you a natural leader and good with kids? Camp Wildling is looking for you!
Please note, all candidates must have reliable transportation and provide a current criminal reference check that includes the vulnerable sector as a condition of employment.
If you are interested, please forward a cover letter and resume along with references to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 18th.
The Camp Wildlings Leader is based in Fort St John, BC and will report jointly to the Education Coordinator and Executive Director. The Camp Wildlings Leader will:
- Design, execute, and evaluate nature based summer programming including daily schedules and activity plans;
- Develop partnerships with local community groups including scheduling, gathering
supplies/materials, communicating expectations, and troubleshooting issues if they arise;
- Gather materials for all activities
- Perform risk assessments daily, weekly, and as necessary to keep all participants and staff safe;
- Liaise with campers and their caregivers to ensure the best possible experience.
- Provide first aid and respond to emergency situations (weather, animal encounters, etc.) as necessary and completing all mandatory reports
This position may require a varied workweek schedule to accommodate special events and other activities.
- Must be a current student returning to school in September
- Sensitivity to and knowledge of environmental issues
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
- Proficiency with drama, arts, and nature inspiration
- Proven ability to lead groups of children and communicate with tact and discretion in settling requests, complaints, or clarifying information
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to work unsupervised and demonstrate motivation and initiative
- Ability to work varied hours (mornings, evenings, and weekends)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet usage
REQUIRED TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
All summer student positions are funded to promote employment opportunities for students. The position and duration of it are based on funding approval. To be eligible for the program, job applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Is between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- Was registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year;
- Intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year;
- Is a student in a secondary, post-secondary, vocational or technical program;
- Is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* and;
- Is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
- Valid BC Driver’s License and regular access to a vehicle
- Meets requirements for working with children
- Subject to security review
Term of Position
- This is a temporary full-time position. Hours of the position will vary according to the activities being undertaken, averaging 35-40 hours per week
- Compensation negotiable
- Reimbursement for use of personal vehicle at $0.54 per kilometer
This position starts with a qualified candidate and will run 10 weeks.
We thank the Government of Canada for their support through the Summer Grants Program
THANKS FOR APPLYING