From the Young Agrarians
The Young Agrarians – Peace Country Winter Mixer
The second Young Agrarians Farmer Mixer in the Peace Country is coming up! If you are a farmer, passionate food lover, and grower or a farm dreamer, join us! The two days will be filled with networking, skill sharing, and farm inspiration to help you grow your own farm business.
Following topics will be part of this year’s workshop:
• Financial Farm Planning
• “Local Roots Gardens” successful farm start-up story
• Farm Cooperatives
• Reconciliation and Farming on Treaty Land
• Farming Apprenticeships by Young & Elder Agrarians
Meet with other farmers and share your story, your ideas, struggles, and successes. Find mentors and supporters, engage in new opportunities and get to know your farming companions in the Peace Country.
Join us for fun! Sign up for our traditional Farmer Slide Shows, bring books for the Farmer’s Library and meet interesting folks at our Saturday evening potluck dinner! It is open to everyone, feel free to bring your friends!
Saturday, March 2 – Sunday, March 3, 2019
Camp Tamarack located south of Grande Prairie. Follow Highway 40 south, turn east onto secondary Highway 668, turn south onto Range Road 62 and you will find the camp on your left side. Find it on Google Maps.
$75 + GST/person includes overnight accommodation and meals sourced from local farmers. If you are unable to join us for both days, we have a day rate available as well.
Please save your spot by clicking here!
If you have any questions please contact Lilli: email@example.com
ACCOMMODATION & MEALS
• Delicious lunches and Sunday morning breakfast featuring local ingredients will be provided (please inform us about dietary restrictions in the registration questionnaire)
• If you are staying overnight, guests are asked to please bring their own bedding, towels, and toiletries. Rooms are shared. Showers are available to guests. Please inform us that you are staying overnight in the registration questionnaire. Rooms are available for Friday and Saturday night.
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU:
• Travel mug for your coffee or tea (this will help us to do fewer dishes!)
• Potluck dish for our Saturday night potluck social – invite your friends! A small kitchen will be available for heating up food and refrigerating potluck dishes.
• Bedding, pillow, towel, toiletries.
• Your best (or worst) farm photos for our Farmer Slideshow
• Notebook for soaking up all the farmtastic wisdom!
• Warm, winter clothing for walks outside