The Northern Environmental Action Team is now accepting expressions of interest for board members for the 2021-2023 term.
NEAT is an organization that is going through a large period of growth and development and needs a dynamic, creative, board member to join our team.
The Board of Directors meet monthly year round on the third Wednesday of the month. The role of the Board is to provide oversight and support to the organization as we strive to achieve our strategic goals. All board members are volunteer positions and are required to be members in good standing in order to accept a board position. Voting to fill the vacant seats will take place at our Annual General Meeting (AGM) on June 23, 2021.
NEAT’s governance authority is generally responsible for:
- Create and maintain the core values of NEAT
- Establish the mission and mandate
- Strategic planning and corporate direction
- Assume final authority and accountability for all operations
- Ensure all operations comply with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure cultures served by NEAT are represented in operations and activities
- Advocate for the resources required to carry out the mission and mandate of NEAT
- Collaborate with the management authority (Executive Director).
There are two positions open on the board, treasurer and one general director. If you are interested and feel you would be a positive addition to the team, please complete the form below: