We thank everyone for there interest, but this position is now filled with an exciting new NEAT member!
NEAT is excited to be seeking an intern candidate to head up digital and information technology projects. This is a temporary, full time position that will develop the tools and frameworks to help us meet our mission and vision.
Funding for this position is generously provided by the Government of Canada & facilitated through BC Technology for Learning Society.
The Digital & Information Technology Development position is based in Fort St John, BC and will report to the Executive Director. The successful candidate will:
• Research, plan & build robust technological tools and frameworks to support NEAT’s day to day work
• Create, edit, and enhance web content using WordPress & WooCommerce
• Support the collection and interpretation of program data
• Create and maintain online membership services
• Create and maintain web forms
• Be proactive about identifying solutions and technologies that could enhance NEAT’s online profile
• Participate in division-wide planning/brainstorming activities and collaborative projects
This position may require a varied workweek schedule.
• Proficiency with WordPress & WooCommerce
• Experience in front end web design
• Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects/tasks
• Ability to work unsupervised and demonstrate project planning, motivation, and initiative
• Excellent communication skills, including the ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical colleagues
• Ability to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with diverse colleagues
• Ability to participate in large and small meetings
• Post-secondary education an asset; certificate or diploma program in related field
Eligible Intern participants must meet the following criteria:
• Be between the age of 15 and 30 years old (inclusive) at the start of the internship;
• Be legally entitled to work in Canada;
• Be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada; as well as,
• Must not be in receipt of employment benefits (EI/CERB) during the internship
• Valid BC Driver’s License and regular access to a vehicle
• Meets requirements for working with children
• Subject to security review
• This is a temporary full-time position lasting 16 weeks. Hours of the position will vary according to the activities being undertaken, averaging 35 hours per week
• This position pays $25/hr
This position starts with a qualified candidate.
If you are interested in being our next person to join our team please let us know by completing the following. We thank all that apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.