2020 Help Wanted: Community Garden Manager
We thank everyone that expressed interest in this position. We are excited to have filled this position with another NEAT person.
The Community Garden Coordinator is based in Fort St John, BC and will report to the Executive Director. The Community Garden Coordinator will:
- Design, execute, and evaluate the Community Garden including designing research methodologies, developing programs, supervising and evaluating staff, creating daily schedules and activity plans;
- Develop partnerships with local community groups;
- Organize community outreach and information sessions
- Ensure materials for all activities are gathered and ready for use;
- Perform risk assessments daily, weekly, and as necessary to keep all participants and staff safe;
- Complete all mandatory reports and participate in weekly meetings;
- Represent NEAT and the Community Garden professionally at all times
- Be a positive team player
- Complete other duties as assigned
This position may require a varied workweek schedule to accommodate special events and other activities.
- Proficient in gardening and food production in the north
- Sensitivity to and knowledge of environmental issues, especially related to local food security
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
- Ability to design, gather and analyze research information
- Ability to build community relationships and use information from the community to guide program direction
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to work unsupervised and demonstrate motivation and initiative
- Ability to work varied hours (mornings, evenings, and weekends)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet usage
REQUIRED TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
To be eligible for the program, job applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
- Valid BC Driver’s License and regular access to a vehicle
- Meets requirements for working with children
- Subject to security review
Term of Position
- This is a temporary full-time position. Hours of the position will vary according to the activities being undertaken, averaging 40 hours per week from June 15 through Sept 25, 2020.
- Compensation $25/hour
- Reimbursement for use of personal vehicle at $0.55 per kilometer
This position starts with a qualified candidate
If you are interested, please let us know by filling out the form below.