Do you love being outdoors? Are you experienced working as part of a team? We are looking for a team of Camp Wildlings staff to fulfill our vision of an unplugged, adventurous summer running Wild! If this sounds like you (and you’ve got a bulk pack of bug spray!) apply today by emailing your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or attaching them below.
Camp Wildlings Staff are based in Fort St John, BC and will report jointly to the Camp Leader and the Education Coordinator. Camp Wildlings staff members will:
- Support the Camp Leader in designing, executing, and evaluating nature based summer programming including daily schedules and activity plans;
- Work proactively in a team environment to create the best possible camper outcomes
- Set a positive example for all participants and staff
- Gather materials for all activities
- Perform risk assessments daily, weekly, and as necessary to keep all participants and staff safe;
- Liaise with campers and their caregivers to ensure the best possible experience.
- Provide first aid and respond to emergency situations (weather, animal encounters, etc.) as necessary and completing all mandatory reports
This position may require a varied workweek schedule to accommodate special events and other activities.
- Sensitivity to and knowledge of environmental issues
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
- Proficiency with drama, arts, and nature inspiration
- Proven ability to lead groups of children and communicate with tact and discretion in settling requests, complaints, or clarifying information
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to work unsupervised and demonstrate motivation and initiative
- Ability to work varied hours (mornings, evenings, and weekends)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet usage
REQUIRED TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
All summer positions are funded to promote employment opportunities for youth. The position and duration of it are based on funding approval. To be eligible for the program, job applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Is between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- Is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* and;
- Is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
- Valid BC Driver