Do you love being outdoors? Are you experienced working as part of a team? We are looking for a Camp Wildlings Leader to fulfill our vision of an unplugged, adventurous summer running Wild! If this sounds like you (and you’ve got a bulk pack of bug spray!) apply today by emailing your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or attaching them below.
The Camp Wildlings Leader is based in Fort St John, BC and will report jointly to the Education Coordinator and Executive Director. The Camp Wildlings Leader will:
- Design, execute, and evaluate nature based summer programming including daily schedules and activity plans;
- Lead by example and manage a group of camp staff to achieve the best possible camper outcomes
- Develop partnerships with local community groups including scheduling, gathering
supplies/materials, communicating expectations, and troubleshooting issues if they arise;
- Gather materials for all activities
- Perform risk assessments daily, weekly, and as necessary to keep all participants and staff safe;
- Liaise with campers and their caregivers to ensure the best possible experience.
- Provide first aid and respond to emergency situations (weather, animal encounters, etc.) as necessary and completing all mandatory reports
This position may require a varied workweek schedule to accommodate special events and other activities.
- Sensitivity to and knowledge of environmental issues
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
- Proficiency with drama, arts, and nature inspiration
- Proven ability to lead groups of children and communicate with tact and discretion in settling requests, complaints, or clarifying information
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to work unsupervised and demonstrate motivation and initiative
- Ability to work varied hours (mornings, evenings, and weekends)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet usage
REQUIRED TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
All summer positions are funded to promote employment opportunities for youth. The position and duration of it are based on funding approval. To be eligible for the program, job applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Is between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- Is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* and;
- Is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
- Valid BC Driver