We’re Hiring: Dawson Creek
**Update – we have filled this position. Please check back later for future opportunities.**
We are hiring for our Dawson Creek office! If you’re interested in the environment and building a sustainable community from the ground up, this might be for you. See below for job details and how to apply.
The Eco-Advisor based in Dawson Creek, BC will report to the Program Coordinator. The Eco-Advisor will:
- Deliver educational presentations and workshops to community groups, schools and businesses on recycling, composting, water conservation, alternatives to household hazardous products, sustainability and other practical programs;
- Assist with the planning and implementation of environmental/conservation education programs;
- Research, develop and/or update of educational materials including power point presentations, brochures, articles and posters;
- Participate in community special events;
- Answer telephone, email and personal inquiries;
- Provide practical assistance for composting, recycling and other waste reduction activities;
- Collect information for the waste reduction directory and materials exchange program;
- Assist with simple business waste assessments;
- Seek out potential community contacts for partnerships or presentations;
- Provide research and data analysis for various waste reduction programs; and
- Deliver Food Security programs
- Provide other duties as required.
This position requires a varied workweek schedule to accommodate special events and other activities.
- Sensitivity to and knowledge of environmental issues primarily focused on resource conservation.
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills.
- Proven ability to communicate with tact and discretion in settling requests, complaints or clarifying information.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised and demonstrated motivation and initiative.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work varied hours including some weekends and evening events when required
- Working knowledge computer, Microsoft Word, Excel and use of the Internet.
REQUIRED TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Post-secondary education, preferably in communications and public relations, science and/or environmental management or equivalent experience.
- Valid BC Driver’s License
- Meets requirements for working with children
- Subject to security review.
TERM OF POSITION
This is a fulltime time position starting ASAP.
35 hours a week.
Wages negotiable: statutory benefits (after three month probationary period). Reimbursement for use of personal vehicle at $.54/km.
Professional development and training opportunities will be provided.
Please send resume and covering letter to:
Northern Environmental Action Team
Closing date: July 11, 2017
We thank all the participants for applying for the position however only those participants selected for interview will be contacted.